In which I discuss my cheese-based aspirations and inspirations. Also, more time travel.
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs (with under 200 followers).
5. Notify those blogs of the nomination.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
Questions from Runnad
Are you living your passion now?
My passion is reading and learning about lots of cool things. Since it’s the summer, I’ve been able to read a lot lately, so… yes! I’m living my passion!
What is the most important thing in life for you?
My primary call: “To serve God and enjoy Him forever.”
If you could be in someone else’s body, who would it be and why?
Like, temporarily or forever? Because I’d like to live in the body of an elderly person so I could empathize with them more, but only for a day. Then I’d like to go back to being me!
If you could travel back in time, when, where and why?
I’d like to go to Prince Edward Island during late Victorian times, because Anne of Green Gables is amazing.
What are your strengths and weaknesses as a blogger?
Strength: I have no shortage of things to rant about. Weakness: My rants are mostly irrelevant and unrelatable to normal people.
Sports that you do?
Basketball! I know I talked about this in my Mystery Blogger Award post, but basketball is really important to me–not because I’m good at it, but because I like it and it’s built a lot of character.
What is on your first bucket list?
To eat a block of cheese as big as my head. Just kidding, I don’t have a bucket list. But if I did, that would be number one.
Do you have a soulmate?
I don’t believe in the idea of soulmates, because if that were a thing, then no one could remarry after their spouse died. (But secretly I know that George Harrison was my soulmate. We just happened to be born in different times. Maybe I should time-travel to the 1960s instead…)
Who inspires you to be who you want to be?
This inspiring gentleman.
Wallace is my spirit animal.
“Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work.” -Chuck Close
What are the three things that you will bring if you live in an isolated island? ( food and drinks excluded ).
A plane, a pilot who knows where we are, and fuel for the plane.
11 Random Facts About Me!
- I have a double-jointed thumb.
- I’m a Hufflepuff.
- I love anything cookies and cream.
- I haven’t had a haircut for 6 years–I trim off my split ends myself. This is probably not a good idea.
- Every time I read a book, I bug my sister to read it so I can talk to someone about it.
- My current favorite movie is Studio Ghibli’s The Wind Rises. It is the most beautiful film I’ve ever seen.
- I love used books. I don’t mind if they have writing in them–it’s kind of fun to see what other people thought about it. However, my (used) copy of The Riverside Shakespeare Collection has pink highlighter in it. That drives me crazy.
- My finest hour was when I figured out a Middle English pun in Macbeth that doesn’t translate to contemporary English. (The witches call Macbeth a “wayward son,” and “wayward” would have been pronounced similar to “weird,” i.e. fate! Because an alternate spelling of “weird” was “weyward”! So cool, right? Right?…)
- I have a French pen pal who is ridiculously smart and good at English.
- I’m trying to learn Spanish.
- I have a very old dog who will look straight at you before running away as fast as he can into the road. He’s evil but I love him.
And now, I nominate…
- L.E. Hunt
- The Halfhazard Wanderer
- Words with Shiggy
- From Pillars to Posts
- Bridget and Books
- Quoth the Corvids
- Warm Tea, Comic Books, and B-Movies
- Honey Bookshelf
- the belle vernacular
- Picky Reader Reviews
- A Whole Latte Stuff
All of these blogs are great and deserve recognition. If you decide to click on every single one of these links, it’ll be worth it!
And here are my questions for you.
- Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?
- What is the last book you read that made you cry?
- What is an achievement you’re proud of?
- Cake or pie?
- What’s your favorite pizza topping?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- If you could ride any dinosaur (and it wouldn’t try to eat you), what dinosaur would you choose?
- Tell us about something you did that was really dumb.
- Why did you start your blog?
- Do you consider yourself to be organized?
- Do you tend to overthink things?
That’s all for today, guys! Thanks for reading, and see you next time. -MoMo
*P.S. I will be participating in Camp NaNoWriMo this July. In order to give myself more time for
procrastinating on editing my novella, there won’t be any more posts on Wednesdays. See you on Thursdays and Fridays as usual!